A project of the Kentucky Commission on Women (KCW)
FRANKFORT, Ky.: Honorary Chair, First Lady Glenna Fletcher will speak during opening remarks at the 2005 Women’s Economic Summit at the Frankfort Convention Center on June 17, 2005 at 1:00 p.m.
The goal of Summit 2005 is to review and recognize progress and accomplishments made since the 2003 summit and the 2002 Task Force Report on the Economic Status of Kentucky’s Women.
“I am honored to be serving as the Honorary Chair of the 2005 Women’s Economic Summit.” First Lady Glenna Fletcher said. “I invite every Kentucky woman to be a part of the progress that is taking place in Kentucky. Summit 2005 will showcase the hard work and dedication of thousands of Kentuckians just like you.”
Individuals, organizations, business and local governments have come together in ongoing regional meetings throughout the state. As part of continuing the effort of the Task Force and the 2003 Summit, these grassroots meetings evaluated, identified and documented regional:
• Progress to date
• Areas of concern
This information will be compiled in a report and presented at the Summit.
• Showcase regional activities and projects that have been started across the state;
• Provide facilitated break-out sessions where regions will come together to determine strategies and priorities for continuing their progress;
• Offer how-to workshops and information sharing sessions;
• Feature speakers to address the issues crucial to moving Kentucky forward;
• Exhibit and celebrate the works of Kentucky women artists at a fun Friday evening networking event;
• Honor and recognize individuals, organizations and businesses at the Saturday awards luncheon; and
• First ever Focus on Girls session to gather information on girl’s programs around the state and problems facing girls today.
"Summit 2005 gives every woman in the Commonwealth an opportunity to improve their economic status. This dynamic, two-day conference brings together the expertise of local, state, and national speakers. Nearly 700 women and men have attended the 15 Regional Meetings hosted by the KCW and we are very excited to highlight the successes of the shining stars we have collaborated with over the last year." Glenda R. Woods, Executive Director, Kentucky Commission on Women.
Other speakers include former First Lady Judi Patton and Pat Freibert, Kentucky Commission on Women Chairwoman.
Registration for the Summit is $99 and scholarships are available. The scholarship application, registration, awards form, and more information are available from the KCW Web site at www.women.ky.gov .
For more information about KCW, you may contact Ann Rutledge at 502-564-6643.