Kentucky State Fair Board
SUBMIT ENTRIES NOW FOR KENTUCKY STATE FAIR COMPETITIONS
Louisville, KY... Now’s the time to prepare competitive entries for the 2006 Kentucky State Fair. Twenty-nine departments and thousands of categories offer participants the chance to showcase nearly every imaginable talent at this year’s Fair. Most competitions are open to the public, but a completed entry form must be submitted to the Kentucky State Fair Entry Department by July 1. The exceptions to the entry deadline are livestock (July 10) and rabbits (July 19). Certain categories are restricted to Kentucky 4-H and FFA members.
Regular entry fees are $6 per department, but livestock entry fees vary by category. Entries in the dairy products, ham, homebrew and wine departments are free if submitted by July 1. For the open competitions, anyone can compete in thousands of categories for ribbons, trophies and a share of the $246,000 in total cash awards offered during the Fair.
Participants can find rules, entry forms and guidelines for each competitive department and cooking contest in the 2006 Kentucky State Fair Entry Catalog. Free catalogs will be available May 1, and can be viewed online at www.kystatefair.org. To request a catalog by mail, write to:
Kentucky State Fair Entry Department
P.O. Box 37130
Louisville, KY 40233-7130
E-mail requests can be sent to KFECEntry@ksfb.ky.gov or call the Entry Department at (502) 367-5190.
New competitions premiering at the 102nd Kentucky State Fair:
• Dairy Goat Show: Nigerian Dwarf Breed
• Poultry Department: Youth Division
• Culinary: Hummingbird Cake, Red Velvet Cake and Dehydrated Foods.
• Bulbs, Corms and Tubers will replace Dahlia Days
• Several new categories have been added to apples, peaches and nuts.
Special cooking contests during the 2006 Kentucky State Fair:
• The Evans Williams® Bourbon Cooking Competition
• Hidden Valley The Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix “Family Friendly Food” Contest
• The Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pie Crust Pie Baking Championship
• The Great American SPAM® Championship
• Fleischmann’s® Yeast “Best Ever Baking Contest”
• KC Masterpiece® Memorable Meals Contest
The 102nd Kentucky State Fair will be held August 17-27 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville. For more information and continued updates on everything offered at this year’s Fair, visit the official website at www.kystatefair.org.