Department of Parks
Kentucky State Parks Offer Lodging Discounts During Fall Season
FRANKFORT, Ky. – The fall color season is the perfect time to enjoy Kentucky’s scenic beauty and the Kentucky State Parks are offering some inexpensive seasonal value rates to help you out.
Four resort parks – Buckhorn Lake, Greenbo Lake, Kenlake and Pennyrile Forest – have lodge rooms currently available for $49.95 Sunday through Thursday nights.
Several resort parks are offering one-bedroom cottages for less than $100 a night this fall Sunday through Thursday nights. Two- and three-bedroom cottages are also available.
Here are some other special offers from resort parks: (Please call the parks to make reservations for these offers.)
- Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, Gilbertsville. One-bedroom cottages for $79 a night and two-bedroom cottages for $89 a night now through Nov. 23. Call 1-800-325-0146.
- Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park, Dawson Springs. One-bedroom cottages for $99 a night Sunday through Thursday through Nov. 23. Call 1-800-325-1711.
- Rough River Dam State Resort Park, Falls of Rough. Lodge rooms on Sunday and Monday nights for $59. Call 1-800-325-1713.
- Lake Cumberland State Resort Park, Jamestown. Lodge rooms Sunday through Thursday for $59 available Oct. 16 to Dec. 30. The park is also offering two-bedroom cottages for $99 Sunday through Thursday, Oct. 16-Nov. 30 (excludes holidays). Call 1-800-325-1709.
- Barren River Lake State Resort Park, Lucas. The park is offering a Bed-and- Breakfast package. A lodge room and breakfast for two for $59 any day of the week from Nov. 1 through Dec. 22. Call 1-800-325-0057.
Resort parks also have excellent restaurants serving your favorite meals. All 17 state resort parks will serve a special Thanksgiving Day buffet on Nov. 24 from noon to 8 p.m.
Kentucky State Parks are also great locations for holiday parties and events. All resort parks have conference centers and meeting space that can accommodate groups.
All Kentucky State Park campgrounds will be open through October. Many campgrounds and parks are holding special Halloween events during October. A few campgrounds will remain open during the winter months.
The Kentucky State Parks are offering a 20 percent discount for most campgrounds Sunday through Thursday nights through Oct. 31. The discount is good for new reservations and cannot be combined with any other discounts.
The offer is good at all state park campgrounds except at these three sites: Fort Boonesborough, Cumberland Falls and Nolin Lake. To make reservations, campers can visit www.parks.ky.gov and click on the reservation link for campgrounds. The promotion code for this discount is “OCT11.” Campers may also call 1-888-4KYPARK to make reservations by phone.
State parks have trails, playgrounds and plenty of wildlife viewing areas and fall color that make for excellent family outings. For more information about state park events, special rates, or to make lodging or camping reservations, visit www.parks.ky.gov or call your favorite park.
The Kentucky State Park System is composed of 51 state parks plus an interstate park shared with Virginia. The Department of Parks, an agency of the Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet, operates 17 resort parks with lodges -- more than any other state. For more information on Kentucky parks, visit our website at http://www.parks.ky.gov