KYTC awards contracts for rehabilitation of intersections in six counties
Projects solely for intersections an emphasis area of current Kentucky Highway Plan
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Dec. 5, 2012) – Five projects to repave and rehabilitate several intersections throughout the Commonwealth have been awarded to contract by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
The 2012-2018 Kentucky Highway Plan contained funding for projects specifically designed to rehabilitate pavements at heavily traveled intersections. Throughout 2012, more than $6 million in such projects was awarded to contract, and the same amount or more is expected in 2013.
“The intersection improvement program began this year after the Kentucky Highway Plan was approved in May,” Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock said. “In the past, major intersection repairs were typically funded as part of a bigger project. The intersections selected for this more direct funding program are those in greatest need of repair.”
Intersection projects awarded in the latest round:
• Pulaski County – Intersection of KY 80 (Somerset-London Road) with KY 1247. Hinkle Contracting Co. was awarded the contract for $1.02 million. Completion date: Aug. 1, 2013.
• Lyon County – Intersection of U.S. 62 (Kuttawa-Eddyville Road) with the entrance of Hucks Truck Stop. River Town Construction LLC was awarded the contract for $559,291. Completion date: Aug. 1, 2013.
• Ballard County – Intersection of U.S. 51 (Wickliffe-Paducah Road) with U.S. 60 and North Third Street. Charbon Contracting LLC was awarded the contract for $404,092. Completion date: Aug. 1, 2013.
• Franklin County – Intersection of U.S. 127 with KY 676. Bluegrass Contracting Corp. was awarded the contract for $306,002. Completion date: Aug. 1 2013.
• Grayson/Nelson counties – Two intersections along U.S. 62. Nelson County: U.S. 62 and U.S. 150. Completion date: July 31, 2013. Grayson County: U.S. 62 and KY 259. Completion date: July 31, 2013. Scott and Murphy Inc. was awarded the contract for $193,714.