Department of Highways, District 5
Interstate Traffic Advisory for Lou. Metro and Franklin Co.
Louisville, KY (November 3, 2005) - The District 5 Department of Highways office in Louisville announces temporary lane closures on the following interstates and highways on Thursday, November 3, 2005 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to allow for guardrail repair.
· Jefferson Co., I65 north, MP 134.8 Brook and Kentucky Streets bridge in Metro Lou., right lane
· Jefferson Co., I65 north exit ramp to I264 east, MP 130.8, left lane
· Franklin Co., I64 east, MP 52.5 half mile before US 127 interchange, left lane
· Franklin Co., I64 west, MP 53.7 KY 420 overpass, left lane
· Spencer Co., US 31E, MP 0.2 near the Nelson Co. line, reduced to one lane
Motorists are urged to be cautious and reduce speed. Stay alert and minimize distractions, and keep a safe distance between your vehicle, the car ahead, and the workers and their equipment. This is a reminder we must all help reduce the number of highway work zone accidents and fatalities. Slow Down to Get There!
The actual starting date and duration of this work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur. To report a pot hole or any other problem on a state maintained highway, call the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet toll-free at 1-800 PATCH IT, or 1-800-728-2448. Log on to www.transportation.ky.gov/d5 for the latest in construction and maintenance activities in our area. Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.