Department of Highways, District 5
Interstate 64 Traffic Advisory
Louisville, KY (January 5, 2006) - The District 5 Department of Highways office in Louisville announces temporary lane closures on Interstate 64 in Jefferson and Shelby Counties Thursday, January 5, 2005. These lane closures will occur between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. and allow for guardrail repair.
- I-64 East, the Old Cannons Lane bridge, 10 Mile Point, Right Lane (Jeff. County)
- I-64 East, the Beargrass Creek bridge past Breckinridge Ln, 11.4 MP, Right Lane
- I-64 East, the KY 53 interchange, 35 MP, Right Lane (Shelby County)
- I-64 East, the Bardstown Trail and Goose Creek bridge, 45.5 MP, Right Lane
- I-64 East, the Shelby – Franklin County Line, 46 MP, Right Lane
The actual starting date and duration of this work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen delays occur. Motorists are urged to be cautious and reduce speed. Stay alert and minimize distractions, and keep a safe distance between your vehicle, the car ahead, and the workers and their equipment. This is a reminder we must all help reduce the number of highway work zone accidents and fatalities. Slow Down to Get There!
To report a pot hole or any other problem on a state maintained highway, call the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet toll-free at 1-800 PATCH IT, or 1-800-728-2448. Log on to www.transportation.ky.gov/d5 for the latest in construction and maintenance activities in our area. Dial 511 or log on to 511.ky.gov for the latest in traffic and travel information in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.