Department of Highways, District 3
GOVERNOR FLETCHER, KYTC, FAA & LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AWARD $25,000 TO BOWLING GREEN WARREN COUNTY REGIONAL AIRPORT
BOWLING GREEN, KY (October 26, 2005) - Governor Ernie Fletcher, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Federal Aviation Administration and local governments are working to upgrade the aviation network for the Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport. A contract totaling $25,000 will be invested in a safety evaluation of the runways.
“Our airports are crucial to the future economic development in our state,” said Governor Ernie Fletcher. “Aviation forecasts predict this industry will grow significantly over the next decade, and it's important that Kentucky is ready.”
“The Department of Aviation has a clear mission to improve aviation safety, enhance our existing infrastructure, add new infrastructure where gaps exist and make us more attractive to businesses that are looking to relocate or expand,” stated acting Secretary Bill Nighbert.” “This project is an example of our continuing work to make Kentucky a shining example for aviation across the Nation!”
These improvement projects are the result of a partnership between the Federal Aviation Administration, Kentucky Transportation Cabinet and local governments. The Federal Aviation Administration contributes 95% of the funding with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet and local governments providing the remaining 5%.