Department of Highways, District 10
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: Railroad crossing closures scheduled by CSX Transportation
JACKSON, KY. – (Sept. 25, 2006) -- In order to make repairs to several railroad crossings in the area, CSX Transportation will be closing several of these crossings to vehicle traffic in the next several weeks.
Dates and locations for the closures are:
- Oct. 3, Perry County, KY 451 at milepoint 11.347 (between Hazard and Chavies).
- Oct. 5, Perry County, KY 451 at milepoint 12.108 (between Hazard and Chavies).
- Oct. 12, Perry County, KY 28 at Chavies (between KY 15 and Buckhorn).
- Oct. 26, Breathitt County, KY 1110 at Haddix (between KY 15 and KY 397).
- Nov. 1, Estill County, KY 1571 at Millers Creek (between Beattyville and Ravenna.)
In addition, several private and county road crossings in Breathitt and Perry counties will be closed on various dates in October.
Motorists will need to seek alternate routes on these dates. No marked detours will be posted.