||Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, District 10
|Governor Ernie Fletcher and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Announce Highway Projects in Perry County
||April 13, 2005
||H.B. Elkins, PIO
JACKSON, KY – (May 13, 2005) -- As part of Governor Ernie Fletcher’s vision to provide a safe and reliable transportation system, acting Transportation Secretary Bill Nighbert announces two highway improvement projects in Perry County.
"As part of our highway-economic development plan, these road projects will improve mobility while providing more opportunities to the people of Perry County and Kentucky," said Governor Ernie Fletcher.
Both projects involve flood repair for FEMA. The first project involves five sites on two roads. Repairs will be done on the following routes:
- KY 451, Krypton-Chavies-Yerkes Road, two sites between the bridge over Forked Mouth Creek and KY 28.
- KY 1440, Upper Second Creek Road, three sites between the beginning of state maintenance and KY 476.
Hayes, Inc. of Betsy Layne was awarded the low bid contract for $93,407.15.
Work is expected to begin in the near future and the anticipated completion date is Sept. 30.
The second project involves seven sites on five roads. Repairs will be done on the following routes:
- KY 1067, Fifteen Mile Branch Road, two sites between KY 15 and KY 2446.
- KY 1146, Lotts Creek Road, one site between KY 80 and KY 267.
- KY 1165, Left Fork of Maces Creek Road, one site between KY 3349 and KY 7 at Viper.
- KY 2446, Lost Creek Road, two sites between KY 267 and the Breathitt County line.
- KY 3351, Pigeonroost Road, One site between KY 80 and KY 476.
Hayes, Inc. of Betsy Layne was awarded the low bid contract for $108,079.99.
Work is expected to begin in the near future and the anticipated completion date is Oct. 30.
Construction activities are scheduled on a tentative basis and are subject to change depending on weather conditions.