Kentucky Court of Justice - Recent Headlines
Below you will find a list of recent press releases. Click on the title to view the full text of the press release.
To view more headlines or archived press releases, use the green navigation options on the left.
- Court cases in 10 more Kentucky counties may now be filed electronically
Friday, June 19, 2015
eFiling paving way for more efficient court system
- Supreme Court of Kentucky to hear arguments June 3-5 in Frankfort
Wednesday, June 03, 2015
The public is invited to observe as the Supreme Court hears arguments in a workers' compensation case and cases that originated in Bracken, Campbell, Franklin, Jefferson, Jessamine, Kenton and Martin counties.
- Bell County Circuit Court Clerk Colby Slusher elected president of Kentucky Association of Circuit Court Clerks
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Bell County Circuit Court Clerk Colby Slusher is the new president of the Kentucky Association of Circuit Court Clerks.
- Court cases in 11 more counties may now be filed electronically
Friday, May 22, 2015
- White House Drug Policy Director and U.S. Rep. Hal Rogers to speak at 28th Judicial Circuit Drug Court graduation May 6 in Somerset
Monday, May 04, 2015
The media and public are invited to attend this event, where 13 participants will be recognized for successfully completing the Drug Court program that serves Lincoln, Pulaski and Rockcastle counties.
- Supreme Court of Kentucky to hear arguments May 6-8 in Frankfort
Friday, May 01, 2015
The public is invited to observe as the Supreme Court hears arguments in a workers' compensation case and cases that originated in Campbell, Fayette, Hardin, Jefferson, Lincoln and Madison counties.
- Former U.S. Supreme Court clerk to be speaker at Law Day celebration May 4 in Frankfort
Friday, May 01, 2015
The public is invited to attend the Law Day event.
- Volunteers needed to assist children in foster care in 46 counties
Monday, April 13, 2015
Citizen Foster Care Review Boards review cases, make recommendations on behalf of children
- Chief Justice Minton speaks at signing of domestic violence bill
Thursday, April 09, 2015
- Justice David A. Barber formally sworn in as a Supreme Court justice at state Capitol
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- Supreme Court of Kentucky to hear arguments March 25-27 in Frankfort
Monday, March 23, 2015
The public is invited to observe as the Supreme Court hears arguments in cases that originated in Floyd, Graves, Jefferson, Jessamine, Mercer, Pike and Webster counties.
- Justice David A. Barber to be formally sworn in as a Supreme Court justice March 23 at the Capitol
Thursday, March 19, 2015
The public is invited to attend the investiture ceremony for Justice Barber. Chief Justice of Kentucky John D. Minton Jr. will swear in the new justice.
- Judicial Nominating Commission announces nominees for Supreme Court seat in Eastern Kentucky
Thursday, February 26, 2015
The commission has selected three nominees for the governor to consider appointing to the vacant seat.
- Supreme Court of Kentucky to hear arguments Feb. 11-13 in Frankfort
Thursday, February 05, 2015
The public is invited to observe as the Supreme Court hears arguments in cases that originated in Fayette, Hardin, Harlan, Jefferson, Kenton, Lee and Woodford counties. The justices will also hear a question of law from a federal court.
- Media and public invited to regional eFiling news conference Jan. 21 in Hopkinsville
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Attorneys with cases in eight Western Kentucky counties will be able to file court cases electronically when the Administrative Office of the Courts launches eFiling on Jan. 21, 2015, in Christian, Crittenden, Henderson, Hopkins, McLean, Muhlenberg, Union and Webster counties.
- Supreme Court of Kentucky to hear arguments Dec. 10-11 in Frankfort
Friday, December 05, 2014
The Supreme Court of Kentucky will hear oral arguments in cases that originated in Franklin, Jefferson, Lawrence, Oldham and Pendleton counties when it convenes Dec. 10-11 in Frankfort. Proceedings are open to the public.
- Media and public invited to eFiling news conference Nov. 12 for Bourbon, Scott and Woodford counties
Monday, November 10, 2014
Attorneys in the 14th Judicial Circuit may now file cases electronically.
- Former Operation UNITE director to be guest speaker at Franklin County Drug Court graduation Nov. 12
Thursday, November 06, 2014
The public is invited to the ceremony to recognize four participants for successfully completing the Franklin County Drug Court program.
- Boyd Circuit Court to announce a new veterans docket at news conference Oct. 24 in Catlettsburg
Thursday, October 23, 2014
The media and the public are invited to attend.
- Jefferson County Veterans Treatment Court to hold first graduation
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
The public and media are invited to this event.