Kentucky Arts Council awards transportation grant to seven schools
FRANKFORT, Ky. — The Kentucky Arts Council is helping students from across the state attend events and performances at Kentucky arts venues. Funding through the arts council’s newly established TranspARTation grant covers transportation costs. Arts venues were selected to participate after a rigorous review of their educational arts programming and their ability to provide supplemental materials to teachers.
TranspARTation grants were awarded to:
- Farmington Elementary, Graves County; traveling to The Carson Center, McCracken County
- North Washington Elementary, Washington County; traveling to Explorium of Lexington, Fayette County
- Sedalia Elementary, Graves County; traveling to The Carson Center, McCracken County
- Fulton Independent School, Fulton County; traveling to The Carson Center, McCracken County
- Stinnett Elementary, Leslie County; traveling to Lexington Children’s Theatre performance at The Forum at Hal Rogers Center, Perry County
- Garden Springs Elementary, Fayette County; traveling to Lexington Children’s Theatre, Fayette County
- Our Lady of the Mountains School, Johnson County; traveling to Lexington Children’s Theatre, Fayette County
Grants to schools will be awarded on a quarterly basis, with the next application deadline June 1, 2012. For guidelines and the application form, go to http://artscouncil.ky.gov/Grants/TranspARTation.htm. For more information about the TranspARTation grant and other arts education programs available through the arts council, contact Rachel Allen, arts education director, at Rachel.Allen@ky.gov or 502-564-3757, ext. 486.
The Kentucky Arts Council, the state arts agency, creates opportunities for Kentuckians to value, participate in and benefit from the arts. Kentucky Arts Council funding is provided by the Kentucky General Assembly and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- ### -