Kentucky Arts Council Offers Technology Workshops For Artists and Arts Organizations
FRANKFORT, Ky. — The Kentucky Arts Council, a state agency in the Commerce Cabinet, will partner with Spencerian College, Lexington to provide a series of technology workshops specifically designed for artists and individuals working in arts organizations. The half-day Saturday sessions will cover a range of topics at the beginner level including photographing artwork, preparation of photographs for online applications, website development basics and creating marketing materials for print.
The sessions will be held from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 Noon, on Saturdays, at Spencerian College, Lexington, 1575 Winchester Road, Lexington, KY 40505. The fee is $10 per session which includes continental breakfast and lunch. Participants who attend two or more technology sessions may attend a wrap-up session in June, at no charge, to receive assistance on individual projects. Early registration is advised due to limited class size. For registration and information, go to: www.artscouncil.ky.gov/forms/Techworkshop.htm
The following workshops are being offered from late January through June:
· Overview: Learning Digital Imaging from A-Z (January 27 and February 17) is a basic, beginners class providing a general overview of how to take quality digital images, terms, definitions and software programs for PC or MAC. This session will be especially helpful to visual artists and craftspeople that intend to apply to the Kentucky Arts Council for one of the four adjudicated programs that have applications due on March 15, 2007. The applications for the Arts Education Artist Roster, Individual Artist Fellowships, Kentucky Crafted and the Visual Arts at the Market programs along with the Performing Arts Directory will be made through the Kentucky Arts Council’s new electronic granting system, Kentucky Arts Services OnLine (KASOL). For more information about these programs, visit the Kentucky Arts Council Web site at www.artscouncil.ky.gov.
· Hands-on Learning Digital Imaging from A-Z (March 17 and April 21) is a more intensive hands-on class to further explore aspects of digital imaging. The class includes instruction on taking quality digital images, software programs and manipulating images. Participants are asked to bring their digital cameras to the session.
· Marketing Yourself on the Web (March 17 and May 19) is a basic course on the mechanics of developing a website, terminology and review of software programs for MAC or PC.
· Marketing Yourself in Print (April 21 and May 19) will explore the use of software programs, digital photographs and quality print techniques for producing brochures and other marketing materials.
· Wrap-up Session (June – date to be determined)
The Kentucky Arts Council is pleased to enter into this public/private partnership with Spencerian College, Lexington to provide technology training for Kentucky’s artists. For over a century, Spencerian College has helped fulfill the dreams of many ambitious students who believe a rewarding career is a worthwhile goal. Programs include degrees in Allied Health, Computer Graphic Design, Computer Aided Design Drafting (CADD), Computer Engineering Technology (CET) and Electrical Engineering Technology (EET). http://www.spencerian.edu
The Kentucky Arts Council is a state agency in the Commerce Cabinet. Working in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts, the Arts Council invests in programs that develop vibrant communities, provide lifelong education in the arts and support arts participation. Every $1 in grant funds awarded by the Kentucky Arts Council helps grantees secure $15 in earned income and matching funds from individuals, philanthropic sources and other levels of government.