FRANKFORT, Ky. — Performing artists and ensembles featured in the Kentucky Arts Council’s Performing Arts Directory will demonstrate their talents at the 12th annual showcase, Kentucky on Stage, Dec. 8 – 9, 2010, in the Eifler Theatre, The Clifton Center, 2117 Payne St., Louisville, Ky.
Kentucky on Stage is primarily a showcase and professional development opportunity for performing arts presenters and others who stage live music, dance and theater performances. Registration and fees are required for attending presenters, which includes the showcase, professional development sessions and lunch.
The public may enjoy the 20-minute sample performances of the showcase at no cost.
Artists selected for the showcase are:
• Appalatin, World Music
• Angela Bartley, Theater
• Virgil Bowlin, Appalachian
• The Chattering Magpies, Celtic and Appalachian
• Coco Yam Band, World Music
• Diana Dinicola, Flamenco Dance
• Divas and Dogs, Theater
• The Downtown County Band, Old Time
• Heath Eric, Singer/songwriter
• Shuling Fister, Chinese Traditional and Folk Dance
• Richard Goering, Classical Guitar
• Hog Operation, Bluegrass
• Juggernaut Jug Band, Jug Band Music
• Keltricity, Contemporary and Traditional Celtic
• Kentucky Baroque Trumpets, Baroque Trumpet
• Kyle Meadows, Hammer Dulcimer
• Roadside Theater, Theater
• Octavia Sexton, Storytelling
• Stirfry, Gypsy Jazz
• Mariya Tarakanova and FlamencoTalk, Flamenco Dance
• Robert Tincher, Celtic
A full schedule of performances is available at http://bit.ly/KAC2010KYonStage.
The Kentucky Arts Council, the state arts agency, creates opportunities for Kentuckians to value, participate in and benefit from the arts. Kentucky Arts Council funding is provided by the Kentucky General Assembly and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- ### -