Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority
KHEAA, Career Cruising to offer free ILP training
The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) and Career Cruising will host free Individual Learning Plan (ILP) training for private school, home school and adult students in April and May 2011. Training will be offered through webinars and at five private schools across the state.
Webinars focusing on student use of the ILP will be held:
· Tuesday, April 5, and Tuesday, May 3, from 1 to 2 p.m. Eastern time, noon to 1 p.m. Central time.
· Wednesday, April 6, and Wednesday, May 4, from 3 to 4 p.m. Eastern time, 2 to 3 p.m. Central time.
Webinars focusing on school administrator use of the ILP will be held:
· Thursday, April 7, from 4 to 5 p.m. Eastern time, 3 to 4 p.m. Central time.
· Wednesday, May 4, from noon to 1 p.m. Eastern time, 11 a.m. to noon Central time.
On-site training will cover student and administrator use, as well as KHEAA’s new College Cost & Planning Reports, and will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. local time on:
· Monday, April 11, at Lexington Catholic High School, 2250 Clays Mill Road, Lexington.
· Tuesday, April 12, at Rose Hill School, 1001 Winslow Road, Ashland.
· Monday, April 18, at Trinity High School, 4011 Shelbyville Road, Louisville.
· Wednesday, April 20, at Somerset Christian School, 815 Grand Central Boulevard, Somerset.
· Thursday, April 21, at Paducah Community Christian Academy, 110 Lebanon Church Road, Paducah.
To register for a webinar or on-site session, contact Pennie Little at firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 696-7495.
KHEAA is the agency that administers state grant, scholarship and savings programs and provides free college and financial aid planning publications to Kentuckians. Career Cruising is the company that provides ILPs to public schools in Kentucky and is KHEAA’s partner in extending that service to home school, private school and adult students.
To learn how to plan and prepare for higher education, go to www.gotocollege.ky.gov. For more information about Kentucky scholarships and grants, visit www.kheaa.com; write KHEAA, P.O. Box 798, Frankfort, KY 40602; or call (800) 928-8926, ext. 6-7372.