Department of Fish and Wildlife
Come Join Your Kentucky Fish And Wildlife Team For A Town Hall Meeting
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Exchange ideas and engage in open conversation about fish and wildlife management during a series of town hall meetings being held across the state.
Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources’ employees are conducting these meetings to listen to the public’s concerns and to provide information about the conservation and stewardship of Kentucky’s natural resources.
The nine town hall meetings begin Nov. 29 in Gilbertsville and conclude with the final session Dec. 16 in Morehead.
The meetings encompass Kentucky Fish and Wildlife’s goal of striving toward a more informed and involved public. Commissioner Jon Gassett and managers of the department’s various programs will be on hand to answer questions, provide updates and discuss issues of interest to hunters, anglers, trappers, boaters and other wildlife/outdoor enthusiasts. The commission member representing the district will also attend the meeting.
All meetings will begin at 7 p.m. local time. Meetings, dates, locations and counties in each district include:
• Gilbertsville, 1st Wildlife District, Monday, Nov. 29. Meeting to be held at the Kentucky Dam Village Convention Center. This district includes Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Christian, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Livingston, Lyon, McCracken, Marshall and Trigg counties.
• Powderly, 2nd Wildlife District, Tuesday, Nov. 30. Meeting to be held at the Merle Travis Music Center, 750 Cleaton Road. This district includes Allen, Butler, Daviess, Hancock, Henderson, Hopkins, Logan, McLean, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Simpson, Todd, Union, Warren and Webster counties.
• Lexington, 6th Wildlife District, Wednesday, Dec. 1. Meeting to be held at the Kentucky Horse Park, North Exhibit Hall, Iron Works Road. Use the main entrance. This district includes Anderson, Boyle, Casey, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Lee, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Powell, Rockcastle, Scott and Woodford counties.
• Greensburg, 4th Wildlife District, Monday, Dec. 6. Meeting to be held at the Green County Country Club, 57 Marshall Ridge Road. This district includes Adair, Barren, Cumberland, Edmonson, Grayson, Green, Hardin, Hart, Larue, Marion, Metcalfe, Monroe, Nelson, Taylor and Washington counties.
• Louisville, 3rd Wildlife District, Tuesday, Dec. 7. Meeting to be held at the E.P. “Tom” Sawyer Park Community Center, 2201 Lakeland Road. This district includes Breckinridge, Bullitt, Jefferson, Meade, Oldham, Shelby and Spencer counties.
• Prestonsburg, 7th Wildlife District, Wednesday, Dec. 8. Meeting to be held at the Jenny Wiley State Resort Park Convention Center, 75 Theatre Court. This district includes Breathitt, Floyd, Johnson, Harlan, Knott, Lawrence, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry and Pike counties.
• London, 9th Wildlife District, Thursday, Dec. 9. Meeting to be held at North Laurel High School Auditorium, 1300 East Hal Rogers Parkway. This district includes Bell, Clay, Clinton, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, McCreary, Pulaski, Russell, Wayne and Whitley counties.
• Edgewood, 5th Wildlife District, Wednesday, Dec. 15. Meeting to be held at the Edgewood Senior Center, 550 Freedom Park Drive. This district includes Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Harrison, Henry, Kenton, Owen, Pendleton, Robertson and Trimble counties.
• Morehead, 8th Wildlife District, Thursday, Dec. 16. Meeting to be held at the Perkins Center, KY 32. This district includes Bath, Bourbon, Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Rowan and Wolfe counties.
For more information about the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources, visit online at fw.ky.gov.