Kentucky Historical Society
KHS to Dedicate Historical Marker to Honor North Fork Baptist Church
FRANKFORT, Ky. (July 25, 2011) — The Kentucky Historical Society (KHS) will dedicate a historical marker to honor North Fork Baptist Church at 6 p.m. Saturday, July 30 at 3660 Rocky Branch Rd. in Switzer, Ky.
North Fork Baptist Church was established in May 1801 by its first Pastor, George Eve, along with William Hickman and 19 others. It joined the Franklin Baptist Association in 1848. The present church was built around 1871, a half mile from the original log structure. North Fork Baptist Church has prevailed as one congregation through wars, pestilence and other crises for over 200 years.
The Kentucky Historical Marker Program, administered by KHS in cooperation with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, commemorates historical sites, events and personalities throughout the state. Through the program, the wealth of Kentucky history is made accessible to the public on markers along the state’s roadways. The markers are on-the-spot history lessons that add drama and interest to the countryside for native Kentuckians as well as tourists.
For more information about the program, contact Becky Riddle, Kentucky Historical Marker program coordinator, at 502-564-1792, ext. 4474 or firstname.lastname@example.org.