Governor Steve Beshear's Communications Office
kynect Projected to Enroll 200,000th Kentuckian in Health Insurance This Weekend
Private health plans make up about one-fourth of enrollments
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Signups for affordable health insurance are still going strong in the Commonwealth – with an average of nearly 1,600 new enrollees each day. More than 195,000 Kentuckians are now enrolled in new health coverage, and that total is likely to surpass the 200,000 mark over the weekend.
kynect administrators report that the website consistently supports 2,000 concurrent users during heaviest usage times. Approximately one out of every 4 kynect signups is for private health insurance.
Open enrollment continues through March 31 for any Kentuckian seeking health insurance.
kynect has been hailed as a national model since its launch for its smooth operation and easy interface for users looking for affordable health coverage.
With approximately 640,000 uninsured Kentuckians prior to the start of open enrollment on Oct. 1, kynect is helping significantly reduce that number and ensure access to quality, affordable care each day.
The below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 8 a.m. Friday, Jan. 31:
- 195,502 Kentuckians are enrolled in new health coverage, including Medicaid and private insurance
- 151,342 have enrolled in Medicaid
- 44,160 have enrolled in a qualified health plan
- 983,225 unique visitors viewing 34.1 million web pages
- 647,186 preliminary screenings
- 13,989 enrolled in standalone dental plans
- 54,094 have been found eligible for a subsidy to purchase a qualified health plan, some have yet to select a plan
- 456,950 calls handled by the kynect contact center
For further updates on kynect numbers, visit governor.ky.gov/healthierky. Statistics will be updated there regularly.