Governor Steve Beshear's Communications Office
3.1 Million Page Views; 155,000 prescreenings on kynect
209 small businesses started applications for employee coverage during first week of operation
FRANKFORT, Ky. – During the first week of open enrollment, almost 175,000 people clicked on Kentucky’s Health Benefit Exchange, kynect.ky.gov, to get accurate information about affordable health insurance.
Visitors have viewed more than 3.1 million webpages on kynect since the state’s online health benefit exchange launched Oct. 1.
Nearly 7,000 Kentuckians and families now have new affordable health insurance that will begin Jan. 1, 2014, thanks to kynect.
Below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 2 p.m. Eastern time today:
- 174,442 unique visitors to kynect.ky.gov; viewing 3,138,758 webpages.
- 155,016 people conducted prescreenings to determine qualifications for subsidies, discounts or programs like Medicaid.
- 22,053 applications for health care coverage have been started; 14,755 are completed.
- 6,946 individuals and/or families are enrolled in new affordable health care coverage.
- 209 small businesses have started applications for health insurance for employees.
- 28,462 calls managed by kynect contact center at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).
Tips for accessing call center
Thousands of Kentuckians are calling 1-855-4kynect for immediate troubleshooting, as well as general questions about the Affordable Care Act. The contact center, which has managed more than 28,000 calls since open enrollment, offered callers additional tips for a shorter call time:
- Early afternoon tends to have a slightly shorter wait time.
- If hold time exceeds five minutes, an automated prompt will ask if you would like to leave a call back number; do that and a customer service representative will return your call.
- If you are online and encounter a problem, you may send an email to the call center informing them of your issue, and again, a customer service representative will respond to that help request in a timely manner.
Re-Accessing kynect accounts
Some visitors to the kynect.ky.gov website who started the application process have reported difficulty regaining access to their accounts when they return to complete the enrollment process.
This can occur when the account creation process is has not been completed. Instead of logging in on the kynect homepage, visitors are advised to click on the “Individuals and Families” tab, then the “Let’s Get Started” button.
Visitors will then have the opportunity to finish the registration process. After registration is completed, users will be able to enroll and to shop for plans, and may return to the kynect.ky.gov website, and login from the homepage.
Kentuckians can visit kynect.ky.gov to comparison shop for health insurance products. Kynect will help uninsured residents get coverage through private insurance plans or Medicaid, as well as the Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program (KCHIP).
During the six-month open enrollment period, Kentuckians will be able to compare and select health insurance plans and discover if they qualify for programs like Medicaid by using the kynect website, calling the toll-free contact center, filling out a mail-in application or by visiting a kynector or insurance agent in their community.
Kentucky has 640,000 uninsured residents – 92 percent of them will qualify for Medicaid or will qualify for financial assistance to help cover a portion of their healthcare costs.
Kentuckians who sign up before Dec. 15 will start coverage Jan. 1. Open enrollment is available through March 31, 2014. Individuals and small business owners can also call the kynect contact center for assistance at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).