Governor Steve Beshear's Communications Office
Nearly 2 Million Page Views for Affordable Health Insurance Since kynect Launch on Tuesday
Almost 109,000 people have pre-screened for eligibility for payment assistance, Medicaid
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Kentuckians are showing no signs of slowing in seeking information about affordable, reliable health care insurance through kynect. Since the state’s online health benefit exchange launched on Tuesday, almost 118,000 unique visitors to the site have viewed nearly 2 million web pages.
Almost 109,000 people have been pre-screened to determine qualifications for payment assistance, subsidies, and programs like Medicaid. So far, individuals and families have started nearly 13,000 applications for insurance.
Below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 7:30 a.m. Eastern Time today:
- 117,954 unique visitors to kynect.ky.gov; viewing 1,825,779 web pages.
- 108,994 people conducted pre-screenings to determine qualifications for subsidies, discounts or programs like Medicaid.
- 12,779 applications for health care coverage have been started; 8,309 are completed.
- 3,505 individuals and/or families are enrolled in new affordable health care coverage.
- 122 small businesses have started applications for health insurance for employees.
- 15,239 calls managed by kynect contact center at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).
Kentuckians in all 120 counties can visit kynect.ky.gov to comparison shop for health insurance products. Kynect is expected to help uninsured residents get coverage through private insurance plans or Medicaid, as well as the Kentucky Children’s Health Insurance Program (KCHIP).
During the six-month open enrollment period, Kentuckians will be able to compare and select health insurance plans and discover if they qualify for programs like Medicaid by using the kynect website, calling the toll-free contact center, filling out a mail-in application or by visiting a kynector or insurance agent in their community.
Four out of five Kentuckians who use kynect are expected to qualify for financial assistance to help cover a portion of their healthcare costs.
Kentuckians who sign up before Dec. 15 will start coverage on January 1. Open enrollment is available through March 31, 2014. Individuals and small business owners can also call the kynect contact center for assistance at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).