Office of Financial Institutions
FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS LAUNCHES IMPROVED WEB SITE
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Oct. 31, 2007) – Information about and for financial institutions in Kentucky is now easier to access via the Internet, thanks to the newly redesigned Web site of the Kentucky Office of Financial Institutions (OFI), www.kfi.ky.gov.
The newly relaunched site offers a more modern design and improved content and navigation for both consumers and regulated institutions.
“Our Web team reviewed the entire site and considered how to make it more user friendly for both the public and the industry OFI regulates,” said OFI Deputy Executive Director Keith Talley. “This redesigned site is easier to navigate and offers a wealth of information.”
The site is divided into four main areas – Consumer Information, Industry Information, Legal Resources and About OFI. In addition, some of the most-viewed pages are now accessible directly from the home page. They include Search for an Entity, File a Complaint, Statutes and Regulations, and Frequently Asked Questions.
The Consumer Information section contains pages that may be helpful to the general public. These pages include brochures, teacher curriculums, consumer alerts, links to helpful financial Web sites, press releases and more. Changes and improvements to this section include:
• The links in Consumer Information and Links have been enhanced with additional resources, and will be updated periodically.
• The Educational Outreach page has been redone to highlight free resources for teachers and free workshops on investing or other financial topics.
• A complete catalog of downloadable brochures has been added to OFI Publications.
The Industry Information section contains pages designed for use by those regulated by OFI. The redesign makes this area of the site more user-friendly, especially in the area of registration. Other information in this section includes industry links, free resources, OFI newsletters and more. Changes and improvements to this section include:
• The previous Forms and Applications page and cumbersome How to Register page have been completely overhauled into four new pages divided by industry type – Depository, Nondepository, Securities Offerings and Securities Firms and Individuals.
• Each of these four pages is further divided by entity type, and each section includes easy-to-understand registration instructions, downloadable forms and contact information for help with registration.
• A new page offers Records Retention Schedule information for various types of entities.
Other changes to the OFI site include the addition of downloadable Annual Reports, About the Board and About the Executive Director pages, and enhanced Employment Opportunities and Organization of OFI pages.
As part of the upgrade, the entire site was relocated to a new server, which allowed for improvements to the navigation on the left-hand side. Also, a site map is now incorporated to help users find what they seek.
Please note that because of the move, some of the URL addresses may have changed. The home page address of www.kfi.ky.gov remains the same, but several of the inside page address have changed. Anyone who has bookmarked pages should visit the site and replace those links.
“We hope that both past users and those new to the site will visit to view the changes,” Talley said. “Everyone is sure to find something worth coming back for.”
Anyone who has a suggestion for further changes or improvements may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
OFI is an agency of the Department of Public Protection in the Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet. It licenses, charters and regulates the activities of state-chartered/licensed depository and nondepository financial institutions. OFI’s mission is to serve the public through effective and efficient regulation that promotes consumer confidence and economic growth.