Department of Financial Institutions
Department of Financial Institutions Launches New Website
FRANKFORT, Ky. – (Oct. 10, 2011) – The Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) today launched a new website at http://kfi.ky.gov/. The new website improves navigation and access to the wealth of information on DFI’s site.
“Our website provides information for both the industry and consumers, with clear instructions and help on many topics,” said DFI Commissioner Charles Vice. “Whether a consumer wants to check out an investment adviser, prevent foreclosure or file a complaint, those resources and more are available.”
Financial institution industry personnel can now quickly and easily locate the forms and documents they need to renew a license or registration or conduct other business in Kentucky, he said.
The new site can be navigated using the yellow “ribbon” across the top of the page, where a menu of choices will appear for each area. Information on the site includes:
- Agencies – lists agencies of the Public Protection Cabinet, including DFI and its three divisions.
- Public – contains information for consumers, including alerts; help with banking, credit and investing; programs that DFI offers; resources for teachers; requesting a speaker; and frequently asked questions.
- Industry – covers registration and other information for all financial industries regulated by DFI, also contains pages on records retention and links to government and professional organizations.
- Legal – lists orders, enforcement actions, advisory opinions and information on DFI cases, as well as a page on the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Complaint – contains forms for filing a securities or financial institutions complaint.
- Publications – offers access to DFI press releases, annual reports and newsletters.
- Open Records – helps with requesting information.
- About Us – provides information about DFI, the commissioner, the board, employment opportunities and more.
- Search – links to a tool for looking up DFI licensees.
Also new is DFI’s RSS feed subscription. Those who sign up will receive information as soon as it’s published online.
“DFI has been serving Kentuckians for nearly a century,” said Deputy Commissioner Ambrose Wilson IV. “Visiting our website is an easy way to learn more about what we do. Everyone is sure to find something worth coming back for.”
Please note that URL addresses have changed. Any bookmarks placed on DFI web pages will need to be reset. Anyone with a suggestion for further changes or improvements may email email@example.com.
DFI is an agency in the Public Protection Cabinet. It supervises the financial services industry by examining, chartering, licensing and registering various financial institutions, securities firms and professionals operating in Kentucky. DFI’s mission is to serve Kentucky residents and protect their financial interests by maintaining a stable financial industry, continuing effective and efficient regulatory oversight, promoting consumer confidence, and encouraging economic opportunities.