Education and Workforce Development Cabinet
Office for the Blind to hold public hearings in February
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Jan. 29, 2013) – The Kentucky Office for the Blind (OFB) has scheduled five public hearings to give consumers and other interested individuals an opportunity to comment on annual revisions to the State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation Services. The closing of additional categories under the current Order of Selection will also be an agenda item discussed at each hearing.
The public hearing schedule follows.
- Lexington: 3 - 5 p.m. (EST), Feb. 12, Independence Place, 1093 S. Broadway. Contact: Charles Shropshire, 1-800-291-8424.
- Louisville: 3 - 5 p.m. (EST), Feb. 14, Charles McDowell Center, 8412 Westport Road. Contact: Pam Minton, 1-800-346-2115.
- Florence: 3 - 5 p.m. (EST), Feb. 25, Kentucky Office for the Blind, 8020 Veterans Memorial Drive. Contact: Cindi Bowles, 1-800-334-6895.
- Hazard: 3 - 5 p.m. (EST), Feb. 26, Perry County JobSight, 412 Roy Campbell Drive. Contact: Carol Conley, 1-800-334-6490.
- Paducah: 3 - 5 p.m. (CST), Feb. 28, Paducah Career Center, 416 S. Sixth St. Contact: Damaris Sexton, 1-800-334-6945.
Kentuckians who are unable to attend a forum may send comments in any format (written, phone call, in person, etc.) through Feb. 28, 2013. Comments may be sent in writing to the Kentucky Office for the Blind, 275 E. Main St., Mail Drop 2-EJ, Frankfort, KY 40621, via e-mail to Allison.Flanagan@ky.gov, fax at 502-564-2951 or call 1-800-321-6668. If any reasonable accommodations for a disability are required for participation at a public hearing, please call 1-800-321-6668 by Feb. 4, 2013.
The current State Plan Attachment 4.11 (c)(3) Order of Selection is posted at http://blind.ky.gov for review prior to the hearings. Alternative formats of the attachment may be provided upon request at 1-800-321-6668.
The Office for the Blind, an agency of the Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet’s Department of Workforce Investment, assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve gainful employment and independence. For more information about services, call the office toll free at 1-800-321-6668 or visit the OFB website at http://www.blind.ky.gov.
The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet coordinates learning programs from P-16 and manages and supports training and employment functions in the Department of Workforce Investment. For more information about our programs, visit www.educationcabinet.ky.gov or www.workforce.ky.gov.