Kentucky Emergency Management
KENTUCKY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND KENTUCKY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION RECOGNIZE LOCAL EMERGENCY SERVICES PROVIDERS
FRANKFORT, Ky. (September 27, 2011) - The 2011 annual Kentucky Emergency Services Conference (KESC) was held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Louisville, Kentucky, Sept. 6-9. This year's conference was an overwhelming success with more than 450 registered attendees.
The KES Educational Committee provided numerous accredited training tracks.
These tracks covered a variety of disciplines throughout the field of emergency management. Kentucky Emergency Management (KYEM) hosted nine
educational offerings at this year's conference.
Of those in attendance, approximately 175 individuals completed and received accredited training for KYEM educational offerings. Elected officials had the opportunity to receive up to 15 hours accredited KYEM training, as well.
Conference highlights include the opening ceremony when heroes from 9/11 were honored in a moment of silence and a tribute made to Fallen Commonwealth of Kentucky Comrades.
The awards banquet provided attendees an opportunity to recognize the hard work and professionalism of their peers.
"The KES Conference is a wonderful opportunity for those in emergency services to receive training and be recognized by their peers for all the sacrifices that are made on behalf of fellow Kentuckians," said John Heltzel, Director of Kentucky Emergency Management.
Awards and recipients at this year's KES banquet were:
* Kentucky Emergency Management Association (KEMA) Most Improved
* Emergency Management Program of 2010-2011: Keith Slugantz, Woodford
County Emergency Management
* KEMA County Judge of the Year: Honorable Wayne T. Rutherford, Pike
* KEMA Emergency Management Professional of the Year: Jerry Rains
* KEMA Catalyst Award: Northern KY Incident Management Team
* KEMA Hall of Fame: Jim Inman (posthumously)
* KYEM County Emergency Manager of the Year 2010-2011: Doug Tackett,
* KYEM Regional Response Manager of the Year 2010 - 2011: Rick Watkins
* KYEM Challenge Coins presented to: Northern KY Incident Management
o Rick Watkins, Region 6 Manager
o Mike Giordano, Point Pleasant Fire Department
o Eric Seibel, Point Pleasant Fire Department
o Todd Schulkers, Erlanger Fire Department
o Mark Ihrig, Boone County EMA
o Kirk Reinhart, Kenton County EMA
* KYEM Special Contribution to the KYEM National Level Exercise 2011:
* KYEM Challenge Coin presented to: Honorable Wayne T. Rutherford, Pike
County Judge Executive
Additional information and photos are available at www.kyem.ky.gov .