Governor Ernie Fletcher’s Communications Office
Governor Fletcher Announces More Than $3 Million in Funding for Allen County Community Projects
FRANKFORT, Ky. – Governor Ernie Fletcher was in Allen County today to announce more than $3 million in funding for community projects in the county and Scottsville.
“This is a great day for Allen County citizens,” said Governor Fletcher. “These projects will help make the area a better place to live and work. These projects are a reflection of my mission to build stronger, healthier communities throughout Kentucky.”
“We appreciate the investment the Commonwealth has made and the Governor’s support for these projects,” said Senator Richie Sanders (R-Franklin).
Governor Fletcher made several significant transportation funding announcements while in Allen County. The Governor presented county officials with four ceremonial checks including:
- $180,000 in state construction funds to construct a two-way left turn lane on US 31E
- $110,000 in state construction funds to widen Oliver Street
- $210,000 in state construction funds for the KY 1332/US 231 intersection realignment project
- $835,000 in federal bridge replacement funds to replace the Sulphur Creek bridge
Community Economic Growth Grant Funds
Governor Fletcher also presented Community Economic Growth Grant (CEGG) funds to the Allen County Fiscal Court for improvements to the Allen County-Scottsville Industrial Park, which currently has an existing Industrial Park with one business located within the park, employing 72 persons. The site is zoned industrial, with existing utility and transportation infrastructure in place. This project proposes to construct a speculative (spec) building in the park. It is estimated, that to construct a 48,000 square foot spec building it would cost $1,069,767. Of that, approximately $416,464 would be allocated for site development costs. The Governor presented a check for $100,000 in CEGG funding which will be used for part of the site development costs. CEGG is administered by the Governor’s Office for Local Development.
Legislative Line-Items from House Bill 380
The Governor also presented the following checks to officials funded through House Bill 380:
- $300,000 to Allen County Fiscal Court for the Industrial Park Spec. Building
- $250,000 to Allen County Fiscal Court for the Allen County Senior Center Renovation
- $150,000 to Allen County Board of Education for the Allen County Intermediate Center Playground construction and equipment
- $100,000 to Allen County Fiscal Court for the Allen County Fiscal Court’s park improvements
Legislative line-items from House Bill 380 are administered by the Governor’s Office for Local Development.
Kentucky Infrastructure Authority Projects
Governor Fletcher also presented checks for three projects administered by the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority (KIA). The following projects will expand and upgrade water services in Allen County:
- $500,000 to Allen County Fiscal Court for industrial sewer line extension
- $500,000 to the city of Scottsville for industrial sewer line extension
- $125,000 to Allen County Fiscal Court for Phase VII water extensions