Kentuckians encouraged to go online to help brand the commonwealth
Frankfort, KY: With just a few days left for Kentuckians to visit www.governor.ky.gov or www.commerce.ky.gov to participate in the first comprehensive branding effort, Governor Ernie Fletcher is encouraging all Kentuckians to take the time to participate in the website’s survey. The effort will allow state government to more effectively use marketing dollars to promote the commonwealth.
"With a diverse set of agencies in the Commerce Cabinet, we are promoting and marketing Kentucky in a way that has not been done before," remarked Governor Fletcher. "We are focused on improving and promoting the things that tend to make Kentuckians so proud."
The survey at www.governor.ky.gov and www.commerce.ky.gov (click on the "Help Us Brand Kentucky" icon) asks Kentuckians to answer two questions:
- What makes Kentucky different from other states?
- What makes Kentucky special to you?
The Governor’s Office and the Commerce Cabinet have already received hundreds of responses to the survey. Some responses to the first question, what makes Kentucky different from other states, include:
- “Rolling fields and Bluegrass”
- “Our history and hospitality may be above and beyond other states”
- “Lakes in the west, mountains in the east, and bluegrass in the middle!”
- “Kentucky Derby Day!”
Responses for the second question, what makes Kentucky special to you, have included:
- “My community, my church, and the wonderful things to see and do in our state”
- “The beauty of the forests and the palisades, the rolling hills…and the big hearts of the people you meet”
- “The history, pride in our state, and the natural beauty”
- “Kentucky is not only the heart of the nation geographically, our people make us the heart of the nation.”
Governor Fletcher concluded, "We appreciate the input of our citizens and we look forward to receiving their responses to this survey, as well as feedback on how we can continue to improve online citizen services."