Office of the Attorney General
Attorney General Greg Stumbo Announces Round Up of Drug Suspects in Floyd County
Attorney General Greg Stumbo announced today that agents from the Kentucky Bureau of Investigation (KBI), along with the Floyd County Sheriff’s Department, arrested five individuals for drug trafficking. The suspects sold or assisted in the sale of Hydrocodone, Alprazolam (Xanax), Oxycodone and Methadone to undercover agents. Two other individuals have not yet been arrested.
“Thanks to the teamwork between the Sheriff’s Office and our agents, five more drug dealers are off the streets,” said Attorney General Stumbo. “If these suspects weren’t selling drugs to KBI agents or the Floyd County sheriff’s deputies, they would have been selling to our neighbors and children. It’s time they are behind bars where they belong.”
The arrested individuals are being housed in the Floyd County Detention Center.
Names of Individuals Arrested in Round-Up:
All are charged with Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, a Class D Felony, punishable by 1-5 years in jail.
- David Paul Ousley, age 41, of Paintsville, Kentucky, charged with one count of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 2nd Degree and one count of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance within 1,000 yards of a school (Hydrocodone and Alprazolam);
- Heather Castle, age 21, of Eastern, Kentucky, charged with one count of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Hydrocodone);
- Larry Music, age 56, of Prestonsburg, Kentucky, charged with two counts of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st and 2nd Degree (Oxycodone and Hydrocodone);
- Stefan Jervis, age 45, of Prestonsburg, Kentucky, charged with one count of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Methadone);
- Dannie Bentley, age 54, of Prestonsburg, Kentucky, charged with one count of Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Hydrocodone).
In September of 2005, the KBI, along with officers from the Prestonsburg Police Department and the Floyd County Sheriff’s Department served warrants on 12 individuals in Floyd County. The law officers obtained sealed indictments from the Floyd County Grand Jury for the multiple arrests after several months of undercover operations. Twelve people were charged with a total of more than 50 drug counts. Charges included Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, Obtaining a Controlled Substance by Fraud or Deceit and Doctor Shopping.
David Ousley, 41
Heather Castle, 21
Larry Music, 56
Steffan Jervis, 45
Dannie Bentley, 54