Lieutenant Governor's Office - Recent Headlines
Below you will find a list of recent press releases. Click on the title to view the full text of the press release.
To view more headlines or archived press releases, use the green navigation options on the left.
- General Motors to Invest $439 Million in Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen joined General Motors’ leaders and community officials to announce that GM will invest $439 million for facility upgrades, including a new paint shop. The 450,000-square-foot facility will be almost half the size of the company’s entire operation in Warren County.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates EVINE Live’s Expansion in Bowling Green
Monday, May 11, 2015
Less than a year after the project was announced, Lt. Gov. Crit Luallen joined company officials and local leaders to cut the ribbon on EVINE Live’s expansion in Warren County.
- Ohio County Site Certified as Build-Ready
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined community leaders to announce that a five-county industrial site in Beaver Dam will be officially certified under Kentucky’s new Build-Ready program.
- Computershare Inc. Opens New Facility in Louisville
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen and Mayor Greg Fischer joined company officials and local leaders today to cut the ribbon on Computershare Inc.’s new facility in downtown Louisville.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Ceremonially Presents $577,700 Grant for Water, Sewer Project in Adairville
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen joined federal, state and local officials Wednesday to ceremonially present a $577,700 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to the city of Adairville in Logan County for sewer and water improvements.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates Expansion of Catalent Pharma Solutions in Winchester, Announces Additional Investment
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Catalent Pharma Solutions LLC continues to grow in eastern Kentucky. Lt. Gov. Crit Luallen joined company officials and local leaders to cut the ribbon on Catalent’s $52-million expansion. Lt. Gov. Luallen also announced today that the company plans to invest an additional $62 million and add 300 more jobs to the Winchester operation.
- Glasgow Site Certified as Build-Ready
Friday, March 20, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined community leaders to announce that an industrial site in Glasgow will be officially certified under Kentucky’s new Build-Ready program.
- Lt. Gov. Crit Luallen Encourages Kentuckians to ‘Dress in Blue’ Friday to Raise Awareness of Colorectal Cancer
Monday, March 02, 2015
Lt. Gov. Crit Luallen today announced Friday, March 6, as “Dress in Blue Day” to kick off National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and to help raise awareness about colon cancer in Kentucky.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen, Housing, Veterans Officials Announce Partnership to End Veteran Homelessness in Kentucky in 2015
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined federal and state housing and veterans officials to announce a partnership aimed at sheltering Kentucky’s homeless veterans.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Mourns Loss of Wendell Ford
Thursday, January 22, 2015
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates Bonfiglioli USA Expansion in Hebron
Thursday, December 04, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined company officials and local leaders to cut the ribbon on Bonfiglioli USA’s expansion in northern Kentucky.
- Bowling Green Sites to be Certified as Build-Ready
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined community leaders to announce that two industrial sites located at the Kentucky Transpark in Bowling Green will be officially certified under Kentucky’s new Build-Ready program.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates Expansion of T.RAD North America in Hopkinsville
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined company officials and local leaders to break ground on T.RAD North America Inc.’s expansion in Christian County.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Leads Third kyhealthnow Oversight Team Meeting
Thursday, November 20, 2014
The kyhealthnow oversight team met for the third time in Frankfort today – the day of the Great American Smokeout – to review the implementation of the state’s tobacco-free initiative on state properties and discuss other issues impacting the health of the state.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Names Phil Huddleston as Chief of Staff
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen has named Phil Huddleston, of Frankfort, as her chief of staff. His appointment is effective immediately.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Vows Strong Partnership with Gov. Beshear, Kentuckians over the Next Year
Friday, November 14, 2014
Surrounded by family, friends and supporters at her public swearing-in, Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today vowed to help Gov. Steve Beshear continue his momentum over the next year in strengthening Kentucky and its future.
- Crit Luallen Sworn In as 56th Lieutenant Governor of the Commonwealth at Private Ceremony
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Affirming to uphold the Kentucky Constitution and pledging that she had never fought a duel, Crit Luallen, of Frankfort, was sworn in today as Kentucky’s 56th Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky in a private ceremony.
- Lt. Gov. Jerry Abramson Appointed to White House Post; Gov. Beshear to Appoint Former Auditor Crit Luallen New Lt. Governor
Thursday, November 06, 2014
Kentucky’s Lieutenant Governor, Jerry Abramson, will resign effective Nov. 13 to take a new position as Deputy Assistant to President Barack Obama and Director of Intergovernmental Affairs in the White House, and Governor Steve Beshear will appoint former state Auditor Crit Luallen as the state’s new second-in-command.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Joins Livingston County Officials to Launch ‘Close the Deal’ at Livingston Central High School
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined local officials, educators and the business community to launch a state program challenging Livingston Central High School seniors to pursue additional education after they graduate.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Joins Education, Business, Local Leaders to Launch ‘Close the Deal’ at Ohio County High School
Wednesday, October 15, 2014