Lieutenant Governor's Office - Recent Headlines
Below you will find a list of recent press releases. Click on the title to view the full text of the press release.
To view more headlines or archived press releases, use the green navigation options on the left.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Touts Kentucky’s Business, Economic Momentum
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today touted Kentucky’s successful business and economic development initiatives, telling regional company executives that Kentucky’s economic momentum makes the Commonwealth an ideal place to do business.
- Lt. Governor Luallen ceremonially opens KY 16 in Taylor Mill
Monday, November 16, 2015
Lt. Gov. Crit Luallen today joined state and local officials to ceremonially open the last section of the KY 16 widening project in Taylor Mill.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen presents $3.2 million for Town Branch Commons
Monday, October 26, 2015
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Touts Kentucky’s Tourism Impact
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today touted the economic impact of Kentucky’s travel and tourism industry, which has increased by more than $2.2 billion over the past five years, to $13 billion.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates Opening of Blue Shore Fishery in Graves County
Tuesday, October 06, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today celebrated with local and company officials the opening of a new Kentucky company turning the invasive Asian carp in the region’s waterways into a wholesale foods business.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Honors Public Employees
Monday, October 05, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen and Personnel Cabinet Secretary Dinah Bevington praised the work and dedication of Kentucky’s public employees today at a ceremony in the Capitol. The event celebrated Public Service Recognition Week, which is Oct. 4-10.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen, EN Engineering LLC Celebrate New Facility in Boyd County
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined EN Engineering LLC officials to cut the ribbon on the new company facility in Catlettsburg. EN Engineering is creating 80 new jobs and investing $2.8 million into the project.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Highlights Countdown to Downtown Bridge Opening
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Counting down to the opening of the new Ohio River bridge in downtown Louisville, U.S. Deputy Secretary of Transportation Victor Mendez today revisited the site of the groundbreaking ceremony he attended two years ago, witnessing firsthand the dramatically changed landscape. The groundbreaking site now sits in the shadow of a nearly-complete bridge that will be open to interstate traffic in less than four months.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Breaks Ground on Menifee County Regional Kitchen, Senior Citizen Center
Wednesday, September 02, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined local officials to break ground on a new kitchen and senior citizen center that will serve individuals in a five-county region.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Breaks Ground on Graham Packaging Co. in Bowling Green
Friday, August 21, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined company officials and local leaders to break ground on a new manufacturing facility for Graham Packaging, a manufacturer and designer of blow-molded plastic containers used to package a variety of consumer products.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Cuts Ribbon on Renovated Robertson Building in Springfield
Friday, August 07, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today cut the ribbon on the renovated Robertson Building in downtown Springfield, opening the door to a mix of affordable apartments and commercial space and infusing new life into the historic building’s footprint on Main Street.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Announces Belcan to Expand in Downtown Lexington
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen and Lexington Mayor Jim Gray joined company officials and local leaders today to announce the expansion of Belcan Corp. in downtown Lexington.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Surveys Storm, Flooding Damage
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today viewed catastrophic damage in eastern Kentucky from this week’s severe storms and flooding, and reaffirmed Kentucky’s commitment to get relief to citizens quickly and assist with recovery efforts.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen, Public Health Officials Urge HPV Vaccine for Youth Ages 11, 12
Monday, July 13, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen joined public health officials and advocates today in Frankfort to unveil Kentucky’s new “Stop HPV” campaign. The public awareness campaign, which launches statewide July 20, aims to encourage parents to get their children vaccinated against the cancer-causing human papillomavirus (HPV).
- General Motors to Invest $439 Million in Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen joined General Motors’ leaders and community officials to announce that GM will invest $439 million for facility upgrades, including a new paint shop. The 450,000-square-foot facility will be almost half the size of the company’s entire operation in Warren County.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates EVINE Live’s Expansion in Bowling Green
Monday, May 11, 2015
Less than a year after the project was announced, Lt. Gov. Crit Luallen joined company officials and local leaders to cut the ribbon on EVINE Live’s expansion in Warren County.
- Ohio County Site Certified as Build-Ready
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined community leaders to announce that a five-county industrial site in Beaver Dam will be officially certified under Kentucky’s new Build-Ready program.
- Computershare Inc. Opens New Facility in Louisville
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen and Mayor Greg Fischer joined company officials and local leaders today to cut the ribbon on Computershare Inc.’s new facility in downtown Louisville.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Ceremonially Presents $577,700 Grant for Water, Sewer Project in Adairville
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen joined federal, state and local officials Wednesday to ceremonially present a $577,700 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to the city of Adairville in Logan County for sewer and water improvements.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates Expansion of Catalent Pharma Solutions in Winchester, Announces Additional Investment
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Catalent Pharma Solutions LLC continues to grow in eastern Kentucky. Lt. Gov. Crit Luallen joined company officials and local leaders to cut the ribbon on Catalent’s $52-million expansion. Lt. Gov. Luallen also announced today that the company plans to invest an additional $62 million and add 300 more jobs to the Winchester operation.