Lieutenant Governor's Office - Recent Headlines
Below you will find a list of recent press releases. Click on the title to view the full text of the press release.
To view more headlines or archived press releases, use the green navigation options on the left.
- Madeline Abramson Encourages Kentuckians to ‘Dress in Blue’ on Friday to Raise Awareness of Colorectal Cancer
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Madeline Abramson, wife of Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson, today announced Friday, March 7 as "Dress in Blue Day" to kick off National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and to help raise awareness about colon cancer in Kentucky.
- Federal Grants Put Commonwealth, UofL, UK on Cutting Edge of Manufacturing Research
Thursday, February 27, 2014
On behalf of Governor Steve Beshear, Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson joined University of Kentucky President Eli Capilouto and University of Louisville President James Ramsey to announce $3.7 million in state funding and in-kind contributions to support a comprehensive federal initiative focused on enhancing advanced manufacturing nationwide and bringing more highly skilled jobs to the Commonwealth.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson to Chair Health Initiative to Improve State’s Dismal Health
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Kentucky’s dismal health rankings are well-known and span generations. The state has long had the dubious distinction of being among the national leaders in cancer diagnoses, smoking rates, diabetes, heart disease and a host of other maladies.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson, Tourism Cabinet Announce ‘StormReady’ Parks
Thursday, February 13, 2014
The Kentucky State Parks were recognized today for working with the National Weather Service to achieve “StormReady” supporter status to keep guests and employees safe when bad weather occurs.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson: Kentucky must modernize tax system to attract and retain jobs
Tuesday, February 04, 2014
Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson today joined Governor Steve Beshear as he unveiled his legislative plan to modernize Kentucky’s tax code by strengthening the state’s ability to create jobs, expand existing industry, and ensure a healthier workforce and economy.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Urge Kentuckians to Apply for the Earned Income Tax Credit
Friday, January 31, 2014
Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson today joined Governor Steve Beshear, local officials and representatives from regional Asset Building Coalitions at Berea College to launch his annual campaign to urge eligible Kentuckians to apply for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), a refundable federal tax credit for low- and middle-income working individuals and families.
- Gov. Beshear, Lt. Gov. Abramson Participate in Celebration, Awards Ceremony to Honor Martin Luther King Jr.
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Governor Steve Beshear and Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today honored a Harrodsburg resident and several student writers and artists during the state’s annual Martin Luther King Jr. celebration.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Launches "15 to Finish" Campaign Urging Students to Take Full Course Schedule
Wednesday, January 08, 2014
Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson today launched a statewide campaign urging full-time college students to finish college faster by completing a full 15-credit schedule each semester, or 30 credits a year, the standard course load for on-time graduation.
- Governor’s EEO conference explores personnel topics, highlights new affirmative action plan
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson addressed the 27th Annual Governor’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Conference today at the University of Louisville Shelby Campus. The conference explored personnel issues facing Kentucky state workers and highlighted a new affirmative action plan to increase the state’s minority hiring goals.
- Gov. Beshear, Lt. Gov. Abramson Announce Plans for Horizon Steel Plant in Bowling Green
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Governor Steve Beshear today announced Horizon Steel, a producer of flat rolled steel products, plans to open a new facility in Bowling Green. The plant will become the exclusive processor of all steel products for Bilstein Group, a German company, which also plans to locate in Warren County.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Celebrates Grand Opening of Groupon Warehouse in Northern Kentucky
Monday, November 18, 2013
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined company officials and local leaders in Hebron to celebrate the ribbon-cutting of a Groupon distribution warehouse in Boone County, which will create 115 new jobs.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Joins Logan County Officials to Launch ‘Close the Deal’ at Logan County High School
Friday, November 01, 2013
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined local officials, educators and the business community to launch a state program challenging Logan County High School seniors to pursue additional education after they graduate.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Announces Launch of ‘Close the Deal’ at Greenup County High School
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today announced the launch of “Close the Deal” at Greenup County High School.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Joins Officials to Launch ‘Close the Deal’ at Gallatin County High School
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined local officials, educators and the business community to launch a state program challenging Gallatin County High School seniors to pursue additional education after they graduate.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Joins Kenton County Officials to Launch ‘Close the Deal’ at Covington-Holmes
Friday, October 04, 2013
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined local officials, educators and the business community to launch a state program challenging Covington-Holmes High School seniors to pursue additional education after they graduate.