Lieutenant Governor's Office - Recent Headlines
Below you will find a list of recent press releases. Click on the title to view the full text of the press release.
To view more headlines or archived press releases, use the green navigation options on the left.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Mourns Loss of Wendell Ford
Thursday, January 22, 2015
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates Bonfiglioli USA Expansion in Hebron
Thursday, December 04, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined company officials and local leaders to cut the ribbon on Bonfiglioli USA’s expansion in northern Kentucky.
- Bowling Green Sites to be Certified as Build-Ready
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined community leaders to announce that two industrial sites located at the Kentucky Transpark in Bowling Green will be officially certified under Kentucky’s new Build-Ready program.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Celebrates Expansion of T.RAD North America in Hopkinsville
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today joined company officials and local leaders to break ground on T.RAD North America Inc.’s expansion in Christian County.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Leads Third kyhealthnow Oversight Team Meeting
Thursday, November 20, 2014
The kyhealthnow oversight team met for the third time in Frankfort today – the day of the Great American Smokeout – to review the implementation of the state’s tobacco-free initiative on state properties and discuss other issues impacting the health of the state.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Names Phil Huddleston as Chief of Staff
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen has named Phil Huddleston, of Frankfort, as her chief of staff. His appointment is effective immediately.
- Lt. Gov. Luallen Vows Strong Partnership with Gov. Beshear, Kentuckians over the Next Year
Friday, November 14, 2014
Surrounded by family, friends and supporters at her public swearing-in, Lieutenant Governor Crit Luallen today vowed to help Gov. Steve Beshear continue his momentum over the next year in strengthening Kentucky and its future.
- Crit Luallen Sworn In as 56th Lieutenant Governor of the Commonwealth at Private Ceremony
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Affirming to uphold the Kentucky Constitution and pledging that she had never fought a duel, Crit Luallen, of Frankfort, was sworn in today as Kentucky’s 56th Lieutenant Governor of Kentucky in a private ceremony.
- Lt. Gov. Jerry Abramson Appointed to White House Post; Gov. Beshear to Appoint Former Auditor Crit Luallen New Lt. Governor
Thursday, November 06, 2014
Kentucky’s Lieutenant Governor, Jerry Abramson, will resign effective Nov. 13 to take a new position as Deputy Assistant to President Barack Obama and Director of Intergovernmental Affairs in the White House, and Governor Steve Beshear will appoint former state Auditor Crit Luallen as the state’s new second-in-command.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Joins Livingston County Officials to Launch ‘Close the Deal’ at Livingston Central High School
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined local officials, educators and the business community to launch a state program challenging Livingston Central High School seniors to pursue additional education after they graduate.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Joins Education, Business, Local Leaders to Launch ‘Close the Deal’ at Ohio County High School
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Joins Education, Business, Local Leaders to Launch ‘Close the Deal’ at Breathitt County High School
Tuesday, October 07, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined local officials, educators and the business community to launch a state program challenging Breathitt County High School seniors to pursue additional education after they graduate.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson and State, Local Leaders Tout Success of ‘Close the Deal,’ Announce 2014/2015 School Participants
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined state and local business and education leaders to launch the third round and tout the success of “Close the Deal,” a yearlong initiative that challenges high school seniors to pursue additional education after graduation.