Lieutenant Governor's Office - Recent Headlines
Below you will find a list of recent press releases. Click on the title to view the full text of the press release.
To view more headlines or archived press releases, use the green navigation options on the left.
- Governor’s Health Team Holds First Meeting; Seeks to Make Big Strides in State’s Overall Health
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Kentucky’s health is “in dire need of improvement,” yet the state is poised to make remarkable progress in the coming years by building on its recent efforts to make all Kentuckians healthier.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Participates in Groundbreaking for Hendrickson USA in Elizabethtown
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson today joined company officials and local leaders in Elizabethtown to celebrate the groundbreaking of Hendrickson USA in Hardin County.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson, Longmeyer Recognize State Employees for Ideas
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson joined Personnel Secretary Tim Longmeyer today to recognize 51 state employees for their suggestions to improve the productivity and services offered by the state.
- Madeline Abramson Encourages Kentuckians to ‘Dress in Blue’ on Friday to Raise Awareness of Colorectal Cancer
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Madeline Abramson, wife of Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson, today announced Friday, March 7 as "Dress in Blue Day" to kick off National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month and to help raise awareness about colon cancer in Kentucky.
- Federal Grants Put Commonwealth, UofL, UK on Cutting Edge of Manufacturing Research
Thursday, February 27, 2014
On behalf of Governor Steve Beshear, Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson joined University of Kentucky President Eli Capilouto and University of Louisville President James Ramsey to announce $3.7 million in state funding and in-kind contributions to support a comprehensive federal initiative focused on enhancing advanced manufacturing nationwide and bringing more highly skilled jobs to the Commonwealth.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson to Chair Health Initiative to Improve State’s Dismal Health
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Kentucky’s dismal health rankings are well-known and span generations. The state has long had the dubious distinction of being among the national leaders in cancer diagnoses, smoking rates, diabetes, heart disease and a host of other maladies.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson, Tourism Cabinet Announce ‘StormReady’ Parks
Thursday, February 13, 2014
The Kentucky State Parks were recognized today for working with the National Weather Service to achieve “StormReady” supporter status to keep guests and employees safe when bad weather occurs.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson: Kentucky must modernize tax system to attract and retain jobs
Tuesday, February 04, 2014
Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson today joined Governor Steve Beshear as he unveiled his legislative plan to modernize Kentucky’s tax code by strengthening the state’s ability to create jobs, expand existing industry, and ensure a healthier workforce and economy.
- Lt. Gov. Abramson Urge Kentuckians to Apply for the Earned Income Tax Credit
Friday, January 31, 2014
Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson today joined Governor Steve Beshear, local officials and representatives from regional Asset Building Coalitions at Berea College to launch his annual campaign to urge eligible Kentuckians to apply for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), a refundable federal tax credit for low- and middle-income working individuals and families.