Governor Steve Beshear's Communications Office
More Than 26,000 Enrolled in Health Coverage Through kynect
More than 300,000 unique visitors to website since launch on Oct. 1
FRANKFORT, KY. – Kentucky’s health exchange, kynect, has been hailed as a national model since its launch Oct. 1 and with good reason – the site has enrolled more than 26,000 Kentuckians in less than a month and has operated smoothly for users looking for affordable health coverage.
“People who say the Affordable Care Act doesn’t work need look no further than Kentucky. Not only is it working here, Kentuckians are still stampeding to the website and call center to find affordable health coverage,” said Gov. Steve Beshear. “The fact that so many Kentuckians are actively seeking health coverage for themselves, their families and their employees tells us that kynect is meeting a gaping need in our state. At long last, every Kentuckian can finally find affordable health insurance.”
The below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 11 a.m. Eastern time today:
- 305,949 unique visitors to the website, viewing 7.2 million web pages
- 267,938 people conducted preliminary screenings to determine qualifications for subsidies, discounts or programs like Medicaid
- 51,482 applications started
- 26,174 enrolled in new health coverage, including Medicaid and private insurance
- 1,607 standalone dental plans enrolled
Enrollment composite: 21,342 have enrolled in Medicaid and 4,832 have enrolled in a qualified health plan.
10,443 have been found eligible for a subsidy to purchase a qualified health plan, but some have not yet chosen a plan.
For further updates on kynect numbers, visit governor.ky.gov/healthierky. Statistics will be updated there regularly.