Governor Steve Beshear's Communications Office
kynect Closes in on 10,000 Enrollees for Affordable Health Care
More than 200,000 unique visitors to website since last week’s launch
FRANKFORT, Ky. – After 10 days of operation, Kentucky’s online health insurance marketplace, kynect, is getting close to enrolling 10,000 enrolled in new health insurance plans. So far, 9,453 individuals are enrolled. Individuals who sign up for health insurance by Dec. 15 will start coverage on January 1, 2014.
More than 200,000 unique visitors have clicked on 4.1 million kynect web pages since the website launched on Oct. 1.
Below statistics reflect activity on kynect as of 2 p.m. Eastern time today:
- 204,658 unique visitors to kynect.ky.gov; viewing 4,121,702 web pages.
- 183,217 people conducted pre-screenings to determine qualifications for subsidies, discounts or programs like Medicaid.
- 29,350 applications for health care coverage have been started; 20,337 are completed.
- 9,453 individuals are enrolled in new affordable health care coverage.
- 261 small businesses have started applications for health insurance for employees.
- 39,900 calls managed by kynect contact center at 1-855-4kynect (1-855-459-6328).
For further updates on kynect numbers, visit governor.ky.gov/healthierky. Statistics will be updated there regularly.