Council on Postsecondary Education
Council seeks public input at town hall meetings for higher ed plan
The Council on Postsecondary Education invites the public to participate in five town hall meetings to provide input on a new plan that will guide Kentucky’s higher education and adult education system for the next five years.
Town hall meetings are set in Pikeville, Frankfort, Somerset, Murray and Highland Heights beginning next week.
Council President Bob King said, “Conversations at the local level will help shape the state’s plan in key priority areas--improving college access and opportunity, student success, and growing a more highly skilled workforce and stronger local and state economies.”
The public meetings will be held from 6-8 p.m. at all locations. The schedule is listed below.
- Wednesday, July 15 - University of Pikeville, Community Technology Center, Room 125, Pikeville.
- Thursday, July 16 - Student Center Ballroom, 4th floor, Kentucky State University, Frankfort.
- Monday, July 20 - Harold Rogers Student Commons, Community Room, Somerset Community College, Somerset.
- Tuesday, July 21 - Collins Industry and Technology Center, Freed Curd Auditorium, Murray State University, Murray.
- Wednesday, July 29 - Rieveschel Digitorium, Griffin Hall 201, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights.
Participants are asked to RSVP at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2015THM.
Follow the conversation on Twitter at #2015THM.
We believe in the transformative power of postsecondary education. Stronger by Degrees, the new strategic agenda for Kentucky’s colleges and universities and adult basic education, is powering a stronger Kentucky economy and improving the lives of Kentuckians. To learn more about Stronger by Degrees, visit http://cpe.ky.gov/strongerbydegrees.
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/CPENews.